Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 05, 2008

My Jenny!!

One of my very closest friends, Jenny Bourn Woodruff has been training for marathons through the Leukemia/Lymphoma society. She pinned a ribbon with my Uncle Ray's name on her jersey today to run in his honor. he was diagnosed with Lymphoma a few days before Christmas. She was so awesome!! I tracked her thoughout the 4 hours and 54 minutes and she did awesome with a big smile on her face the whole time!! My mom also caught her running down Lakeland Drive around mile 16. Mom said that she started sobbing crying and then Jenny said she started crying too. I am so proud of you Jenny and I have come to love the cause that you are running for. Jenny has raised alot of money for the Leukemia/Lymphoma society and will continue to raise money and run for this cure again in 2008. Please let me know if you would like to help by donating money for this cure. Any donation will help!!!!!!! YOu can email her - or just email her to tell her you are proud of her!! jwoodruff@pubaffairs.umsmed.edu

Thank you Jenny for honoring my Uncle Ray!! love you!!





Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amber said...

I totally cried when I saw this post. Jenny is awesome! I will be praying for your Uncle Ray.

Lisa Trotter said...

GO JENNY!!! We were cheering you on too!!! Renee, I'm so glad you followed her and took all these priceless pictures!!! Very emotional journey!! She's amazing and you are an amazing friend to her!!!! :)

jeremy, adelle, and ella said...

love all the pics!!! you got some great ones! we are so proud of jenny!! she is so amazing!!

Courtney said...

That's awesome!

Woodruff family said...

THANK YOU RENEE FOR TAKING SO MANY PHOTOS!! You were soooo sweet to come out and support the marathon! What a day!! My feet are paying for it today!! LOVE YOU

Leahbeth said...

I saw Jenny running...they ran down Riverside, just off St. Mary!! Buddy and I walked down and saw the runners...I'm so amazed at what she is doing!