Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fruit punch stand!

My heart broke today!!!!! Mary Bratton wanted to have a 'WATER STAND' - I told her that we could at least have some lemonade. Well ... we didn't have any so we made fruit punch ( sugar-free)
PEOPLE..... i know the economy is bad but when there is a little kid sitting out at a lemonade stand.......
YOU STOP and get our your 25 cents and buy some! She was waving to all of the cars that just passed by. It broke my heart!





















so i called my dad and he came down and bought some!






















then i made Tal go out with .50 cents and buy some for he and Beau!


















here she is staring at the big street yelling 'fruit puuuuuuuuunchhhhhhhhhh'
it was so sad. she ended up dancing around with any empty cup and the fruit punch sign all around the front yard!



















I finally called our sweet neighbor Pam Harkins that I have known since i was little! I explained that we needed some customers so she drove down and bought 2 glasses and left her a tip! She saved the day!!!! Look how happy Mary Bratton is!!!
Thank you Mrs. Pam!!!! we love you!



post signature

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Converse Family said...

OK, so granted it doesn't take much to make a pregnant woman cry, but I sure did tear up reading this. Poor baby girl!

The Segrest Family said...

i LOVE HER!!!!!! what a sweetie. she is like her mama- and entrepreneur!!! one day she will be a business owner - a sweet one =)

The Segrest Family said...

call me next time and i will come get some punch!

The Owen Family said...

This sooo happened to us this summer. Poor Thomas made the sign, had the lemonade, everything, we waved and people barely even waved back. What has this world come to?!!! No one enjoys a good cup of lemonade anymore!! I say baa humbug to all of them!!