Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hey Everyone. Today was a scary day. Mary Katherine came over first thing this morning and help me make my blog private. I was too upset to figure it out on my own. It is a scary world out there.

I want to encourage everyone with a blog to get a site meter!!!! that is how I found out that someone was Googling her name. I got emails all day long wanting to know how to look this up. When you go to the site meter - go to referrals. It usually shows you who's link they came from to get to yours... but this time it showed that someone did a Google search on "Mary Bratton Guest" from Baton Rouge and also from Pheonix. AND THEN - someone from Pembroke, Ga. did a Google ImAGE search of Mary Bratton Guest - so they were looking for her picture.

I will miss meeting new people but I'm VERY glad that this blog is now private. But all of you faithful readers have to pretty please leave comments so that I can know that someone is still enjoying the blog!!

If you do not have a site meter go this very second go get one!

6 comments:

The Milan Family said...

Renee', that is so scary. Now, if somebody googles her name now can they still see pictures? If you need to, you can call Google Customer Service and see what they can do about that.

Love the pictures of Camp Bratton Green. I went to camp there every year for many, many years. My sister is a counselor every summer now. Fantastic memories there! SO COOL and Jenny just told me not too long ago that that is where Tal proposed. SO ROMANTIC!

Amber said...

I'm so sorry that happened, Renee. It sucks that a few bad people mess fun up for all. But don't worry you still have faithful readers. :)

The Manning Family said...

Thanks for letting us know how to check who all's visiting our sites. Turns out that there was a search done on ours, but I don't think it really showed too much. I am definitely going to keep my eye on it though. Looks like we're going to make ours private eventually--I told my hubby about what happened to you, and he thinks we should really know who is looking at our girls! Thanks again for the great tips and I will continue to read your blog faithfully! =)

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

thank you so much. i have been thinking about making ours private and you may have just convinced me.

thanks, though, for inviting me to be able to view it!

Lisa Trotter said...

Hey Renee - so scary. I'm still having trouble doing the site meter and figuring out how to read who is visiting the site. How did you figure out how someone from Baton Rouge and Phoenix is googling you guys?? I know how to make it private but trying to do the site meter thing first. so confused!

The Dowdles said...

So sucky! That's why we had to take ours private. It is a pain - but definately necessary to protect the kiddos! What about your business blog?

Thanks for the invitation to view!