Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm sad and I'm mad!

I just have to say this about my business! I have the most awesome customers!
I love what i do and I love the people that i work with. They are the greatest mom's and the greatest women! They just want some fun, cute stuff for their children, gifts for friends and even for themselves!

I want to trust people! For 5 years ... my customers have sent payment by mail, or left payment in my box by my front door ( sometimes on the honor system) Of course i have had to send reminders about mailing payment... no big deal! I have never been disappointed.

But for the first time in 5 years - I had a girl from Meridian order $92.67 worth of merchandise and then disappear from all contact. It has been 5 weeks since she recieved her order by mail. In her first email to me... she mentioned that we have a mutual aquaintence so the thought never crossed my mind that this girl would do this. She even ordered a Jesus is My Rock t-shirt.

I love what i do and i work HARD! very hard! I stay up very late and put my whole heart into these orders! Who would do this to a stay at home mom ????? That money would pay for 1/2 of Beau's mother's morning out for the month!

I'm just sad tonight! It makes me sad because know I have to change the way i do business! I like these women that order from me! They are excited and enthusiastic about their children and about parties! And I understand because I get excited over those things too!

I makes me sad... it makes me want to cry.... and it makes me furious!!!!!!! I know it is a 'good lesson' - blah, blah, blah.... But i want to have a trusting heart and people like this ruin that trust! I'm sad about it! And mad about it!

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

you ought to be mad! and sad! who is the mutual contact - maybe they can get ahold of her.

you do what you have to for your business. people (like me!) who like your work will do whatever we need to to help you out!

The Fosters said...

Well...it really is sad... I have had a bad check written by a lady and once it bounced and brought to her attention...never did she pay me..its a shame! I know you work very hard at what you do but some people you can not trust. I try to trust that when I send it out before being paid sometimes that they will pay but you never know.. Sorry girl...

Anonymous said...

make a new policy that you will ship/deliver orders once they have been payment has been received. that means their check has cleared before the order leaves your house. also, maybe with new customers you could get a deposit up front. obviously with people you are close friend with you wouldn't have to be so strict.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

i thought about this, too. shana and the girl i use for watercolors, kathy malott both have an option on their blog to pay through paypal. you could offer that. i don't know how much trouble it is, though.

but that way when you have someone way out of town, they could pay before the item is shipped!

just a thought...

Anonymous said...

I suggest PayPal. It is super easy for both the buyer and the seller! Basically if you have a checking account, you link it to PayPal. And you see the money the INSTANT that it's deposited in your account...and then you can ship the order. So it puts the "pressure" on the purchaser...the sooner they deposit the money, the sooner you ship them their goodies!

Katie McCrary said...

i'll help you track her down, I do collections for our business and know a few tricks if you want help. makes you mad mad mad when people don't pay you!

Katie McCrary said...

i'll help you track her down, I do collections for our business and know a few tricks if you want help. makes you mad mad mad when people don't pay you!

Renee Guest said...

Thank you all for your help and support. i do send Paypal invoices! It is great! I have invoiced her through Paypal and i have also sent her about 4 reminders through Paypal. I have tried every way i know to get in touch with her. I have more info but just didn't want to write it on the blog! It is so sad for someone to be like that!

but i have the sweetest friends that make me feel better when i'm sad! thank you all!!!!!!

Kulms Family said...

That is horrible, how could someone do this to someone?? This person should be ashamed of themselves, and to think they have a child that they got these items for..what kind of an example is that!! I feel really bad about this, you seem like a very sweet person with a good heart! But don't be discouraged, keep God in your heart and all your loyal customers will understand your new policys. This person may have gotten away with this but down the road it will all come back to them, what goes around comes around. You may not know who or where she is but GOD does!!

GOD BLESS,

Ladonna

The Segrest Family said...

people kill me.
i hate that nea nea!!!
you do work VERY hard... and that is alot of money to be out =(

love you... keep your head up sista!

ps= love the 'my mom is blogging this' shirt - we SO NEED THOSE!

The Crowders said...

Hey Renee!
I know we have never met in person, but you just did Ann Rogers' 1st birthday stuff. THANK YOU for the wondeful job you did and for trusting me to pay you. I can't believe that someone would do that to you, but don't let it get you down. For every bad deal, there a ton of good people still out there.
I have not sent you a thank you yet, but the ladybug invitations, gift tags, and thank you notes were the most precious thing ever. I got so many compliments and gave all the praise to you!
Looking forward to doing business again soon and I know everyone will follow any procedure you have to put in place.
Good Luck! God Bless You!
Shea

Courtney said...

Wow, that is awful! What is wrong with people!?! It's too bad you will have to change the way you do things for the inconsiderate and dishonest people of this world! I usually wait for payment before I ship unfortunately its the only way to know for sure that you will receive payment! So sorry about that!

Anonymous said...

I live in Meridian and I'll be sure to look out for the "Jesus Is My Rock" shirt. I hope I'm not friends with her!!