Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 04, 2007

6 year anniversary





Saturday, March 3, 2007 was our 6 year wedding anniversary. As I was posting and looking for photos of me and my husband - I could hardly find any of just US! It was of one of us with the kids or both of us with the kids. But not just US. Once you have children it is hard to focus back on a time when it was just the two of you!!
Tal took me to Monmouth Plantation in Natchez and it was so relaxing and so amazing. We had never gone anywhere for our anniversary. Mary Bratton was due on our 2 year anniversary and we have been wrapped up in our children ever since! I love taking care of my babies but it was so nice to get away.

I have to recommend Monmouth to anyone who needs a get away.
www.monmouthplantation.com

The accomodations were amazing. The grounds were so beautiful - it makes you just want to just walk around and appreciate the peacefulness that you feel when you are there! There was a wedding taking place there and it made our annivesary even more special thinking that was us 6 years ago. We bought the bride and groom a coffee table book of Natchez Plantations and wrote a note to them in the front. Their families invited us to stay for the reception - they were so sweet - but we were enjoying the peace and quiet -- even though we did hear the DJ playing 'Strokin'' when we were getting out of the car on the way back from dinner. :) There was a sanctuary on the grounds we dropped to our knees to thank God for all of the blessings that he has brought into our lives over the past 6 years. It is amazing to think of all of the things that he has provided for us! I'm so thankful for my sweet husband and family! I hope that whoever that couple is that is celebrating their one day anniversary today will be as happy as we have been!!







































5 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

happy anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodruff family said...

I can't believe it's been 6 years! Happy Anniversary.

Woodruff family said...

I can't believe it's been 6 years! Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the music on your blog. The design you did for Elias was sooo cute. Thanks.

The Dowdles said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!