Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friends and Fish

















We went to Poplarville, MS. this weekend to see Sarah (Spaulding) and Charles Abbott. Sarah and I worked together at Mississippi Magazine for years and became really good friends. I haven't gotten to see her in so long. She and Charles live in New Orleans. We had sooo much fun! I love the Abbott's hunting lodge that they have - it is gorgeous and sooo relaxing! Thank you soooo much to Sarah and Charles for inviting us. We had an absolute blast!

Mary Bratton has been so excited about fishing. She said she was going to 'teach' Sarah and Charles how to fish. Her Barbie fishing pole has a plastic fish on the end of it so she catches something everytime! SO.... Tal takes that little plastic fish and puts on a lure ( I didn't even know that he did this) All of the sudden Mary Bratton is screaming!! Her little fishing pole is bending over - she throws it down and runs away so fast. She is terrified that she caught a real fish. I pick up the pole and the pole won't even reel in the fish. Tal finally gets it in and it was the biggest fish that I saw all day. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! After that she said that she was going inside to take a break.























Here is Tal holding Mary Bratton's fish and the fishing pole that caught it.






















This is the only picture that I could get with Mary Bratton and her fish. We was still screaming b/c she thought we were trying to make her touch it.





















Please look at her face. This is moments after she caught the fish.
She is terrified!




















In total disbelief of what just happened. It was completely hysterical!

2 comments:

Ozier Family said...

That's the funniest thing I have ever seen!! Tal should try to market those Barbie fishing poles!! They catch whoppers!! :)

Woodruff family said...

I can't talk about those cute outfits! How perfect!