Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Charlie is HERE!

Our Elf on the Shelf.... Charlie came tonight! Mary Bratton's face lit up!
It is so fun to see the wonder in their eyes... I wish i had it on video when she saw him.
She cried last year when he left Christmas Eve! She had a 'great idea' to put a bell on him this year. You could tell she wanted it to ring when he 'flew' off to see Santa at night... but I reminded her that we couldn't touch him!

That reminds me of when i was a little girl and wanted to meet my toothfairy so I tied a string to my tooth and around my wrist so i would wake up when she came! Another night I wrote out a whole questionaire for her to fill out so i could get to know her! :)






















And you can also get a peak at my Birthday present. My dear friend Suzanne Guild was comissioned to paint that painting and Tal gave it to me for my birthday. It is the view from the backyard where i grew up! I love it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!

post signature

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christie said...

So sweet! I have one for Raylin and we will get it out this year, but not sure she will understand the concept!!! I LOVE YOUR PAINTING!!!!

The Segrest Family said...

OMG! i LOVE that painting! suzanne is so talented... and i love the colors...

and we have an elf that will join our family this year - he has not come to visit us yet... so we haven't named him yet =)
i think camp is going to LOVE it...