Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm it

I have been tagged by Lisa ( and Jenny) to answer the following questions.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

1997 - I had graduated from Ole Miss in May and started a job working in advertising sales at The Northside Sun. This is where I began my graphic design experience and fell in love with designing. I sat in front of Jenny Bourn ( before Trey and Tal ever came into the picture) and we got in trouble ALL OF THE TIME... for talking and laughing our butts off. And then after a while, Laura Owen came to the Northside Sun and sat right in front of me. How fun to go to work when your friends are right in front of you and right behind you. I was just hanging out with all of my friends and dating a bunch of loser guys - waiting for Tal to come along!!

2.What were you doing 5 years ago?

2002 - I was working at Mississippi Magazine and I was just a few months pregnant with Mary Bratton. Tal and I bought our first house together on Crane Blvd. in Fondren - and we had gotten our dog Delta about a year before - she was our first baby. We were church hopping trying to find our new church home and fell in love with Covenant Presbyterian.

3. What were you doing 1 year ago? 2006

Beau wasn't even crawling yet. I remember trying to teach him how to crawl... why did I do that? I had just got my monogram machine and I hated it. Tal told me that I better learn to like it fast :) Mary Bratton just started k3 at Pinelake Christian School and Beau started mother's morning out.


4.What did you do yesterday? hhmmmm... since it is almost midnight... does that mean today yesterday.... or yesterday yesterday?? I guess I will go with today yesterday!! I dropped MB off at school after going though the whole spill everyday of why she can't wear her glittery shirt to school- UNIFORMS....everyone wears the same thing. Then dropped Beau off at Mother's morning out. Then I came home and worked all day until time to pick them up. Then Mary Katherine, Chad and Camp came over tonight. MK helped me organize my office. You wouldn't believe the stuff she made me throw away. Like RED, WHITE & BLUE ribbon that I could have used to decorate my kids bikes in case they are ever in a 4th of July parade. I mean.... I might need that one day!


Snacks I enjoy
Carbs.
Reduced fat Cheez Itz ( not cheeze Ums.... there is a HUGE difference). Diet Dr. Pepper - gotta have it!!


Things I would do with $100 million dollars

pay off any debt. Pay for both of my kids college! Give to Pinelake (our Church!)
Travel with Tal (with a nanny), invest, invest, invest, pay for college for all of our neices and nephews, get a pontoon boat, new house on the water - but I would want to stay exactly the same people we are today - except be rich! :)



Locations I would run to

Tal would to go the mountains in a heart beat ( so I would follow him) - but I love the sunshine and the beach!


Bad habits I have

I'm totally high strung, drink too many Diet Dr. Peppers everyday ( maybe this is why I'm high strung) , stay up late working and feel like I'm going to crash during the day, i love teenie bopper reality shows and I am almost 32 years old, I don't know... we need to ask Tal - he will have a very long list :)


Things I like to do

I love being with my family. Tal and I love taking the kids to places that they will enjoy. When they are happy, it makes me so happy. I love dates with my husband, girls nights, I enjoy working out ( recently running), love to go out to eat, love any kind of party or reunion so I can see people that i haven't seen in a while, love going to church at Pinelake


Biggest joy of the moment

Watching my children grow. It is happening to0 fast. Mary Bratton loves to learn and it amazes me to hear some of the things that she says. She loves gymnastics and can't wait to go every week. She is a sweet, sweet girl. Beau is a bundle of energy. He is so funny. Loves life and there is never a dull moment. He is learning to communicate a little bit more which makes things a little easier. Watching the two of them together is the BEST thing in the whole world. They adore each other.


Ok - so it is my turn to tag..... All of the small group girls that have blogs...

Mary Katherine, Stacy, Jennifer, Christie, Sha

2 comments:

Woodruff family said...

We had some fun back in the old days before Tal and Trey!! We have plenty of stories to tell!! I'm so happy for those memories! Love you!

The Segrest Family said...

i know you just didn't