Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 25, 2008

I ran my first 1/2 marathon yesterday at the Mardi Gras marathon.
It was so much fun. Jenny and I had decided that we weren't going to run together but then i saw her just before the race started so we started out together. We ran the first mile and didn't even know it. We were having so much fun that we decided to just do the run together. I'm so glad that we did. I got to run my very first marathon with the girl that has inspired me to run more than anyone else!!

We were really proud of our time. We finished 13.1 miles in 2 hours and 5 minutes.... and we had a 9:26 pace! And like Jenny said - we didn't even talk the whole time ( shocker if you know the two of us) There was one time when she was trying to talk me into a full marathon and I told her that i was turning my music back up!! :) The whole run was great until the last mile and a half. Thought I wasn't going to be able to put one foot in front of the other. You get sort of delusional after running that long and you don't even know you are running. I had some thoughts and wondered if i started to slow down ... I might just fall face forward. Or wouldn't it be great if my feet could just stop moving and I could just roll into the finish line. Again - delusional thoughts.... does anyone know what I'm talking about??












we did it!!










me, jenny's good friend Steve Vance (that started out running with us) and Jenny

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! so proud of all of you!!!!! impressed!

Woodruff family said...

I must say that was so much FUN running with you!!! I'm ready for our next one - but next time we will run 26.2!!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!