Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 18, 2007

Fire!


Well what are the odds that Tal and I went to a Firetruck parade on Saturday and then a charity benefit for the American Red Cross Disaster Relief at the Old Capitol Inn on Saturday night.
Today at 1:30 p.m. my mom's apartment complex caught on fire. She has lived with me and Tal for a year and 1/2 and just moved into this apartment a week ago waiting for her home to sell.
She and her little dog are just fine but it was a very close call. The apartment right above her along with 3 other units lost everything! Her balcony is totally melted - it is actually the close ups of the fire that they show on the newscast at www.wapt.com It came that close - her balcony is melted but her apartment got water and smoke damage with no fire- so she will be able to salvage some of her things. Thank you so much to all of my sweet friends that have been there for me today .... especially my sweet Mary Katherine.
I can hardly talk about those firefighters without tearing up. They were amazing. Not only saving my mom's apartment, but dealing with those who have lost their homes. They were so kind, so understanding, so very accomodating and just all around TRUE HEROES!!!! I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back tears. A sincere thank you to all of those men !!!!! A huge THANK YOU The Flowood Fire Department ( and surrounding fire dept's that were there)
Please keep my mom in your prayers!! Thank you!! Renee

6 comments:

Woodruff family said...

Poor thing!! I am so sorry this has happened. You will all definitely be in our prayers!!

Christie said...

Renee, We are praying for ya'll. Please call me if there is anything I can do. Love ya, Christie

Amber said...

Renee, you and your mom are in our prayers. Please let me know what she might need.

Roxanne said...

I am sorry to hear about your Mom. She is in my prayers. Please let me know if she needs anything. Just leave me a comment on my page.

The Cross Family said...

we love yall and are praying for you and ta-ta. please let us know if we can do anything. thomas would love for beau to come play if you need a babysitter.

stacy seago said...

YOu are lifted up daily for peace that surpasses all understanding and God's strength! Love you....