Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New roof Design advice!


Here is our new roof. None of you probably care. But I need decorating advice. So I need some comments pretty please!!! I hate our brick color, I've wanted to paint it since we moved in 3 years ago. I don't know if that will ever actually get done - so I need plan B. With this new roof, we need to paint the trim and shutters. The trim is a cream but it has too much yellow in it and our shutters are a dark, dark brown. It just needs to all be pulled in and I don't know. I have an idea of what I want to do but I want to know what everyone thinks. Help!


Oh - and I would love to know if anyone knows a local painter that does good work that knows how to do that plastering on brick - or whatever it is called






















5 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

i really like the 'mudding' look = or whatever they call it--- im not sure how expensive that is though. i like a coffee brown or mustard mudding with shutters stained to match your front door - or a complimenting green sage. i would paint the trim a light brown to make it warmer (if you do the mudding) that is just me =)
love the new roof!!!

The O'Donnells said...

love the roof...especially love the pictures of the little men that fixed it for you :)

i personally LOVE painted brick but i know that's a very personal preference...MK's plan sounds awesome too! hmmmm...i need a house!

The Segrest Family said...

when i say 'coffee brown' - i mean coffee with milk, not chocolate coffee.
just to clarify =)

Leahbeth said...

Buddy called Tal to give him the name of the guy that painted our house...we just had it done about a month ago. He used to work with Charley Belote and they were really nice. I'm not so much help on the decorating part...I do think that painting brick really can update a house...they do that to lots of houses in Belhaven & NE Jackson to update them. I would check out NE Jxn to get some ideas!!

Anonymous said...

the "stucco" look...is the mudding. You just cement over it